Thus we have chemical laboratories for the preparation of media, one laboratory for strain maintenance (including preparation of inoculums), two fermentation laboratories (S1 permission according to the german law), a molecular biology lab, one downstream facility and one analytical laboratory.
- several fermenteers (working volumes up to 100 L)
- one solid fermenter (Terrafors)
- special fermenters for emers-fermentation of phototrophic microorganisms
- evacuated hood for work with anaerobia
- several shaking incubators (thermostated between 5 - 65Â°C)
In the analytical lab the following analytical methods are available:
- several HPLC-Systems (DAAD, UV, RI, Fluorescence)
- 3D Fluorescence spectroscopy
- NIR spectroscopy
- Confocal Laser Scanning Microscope (CLSM)
In the area of process automation and high-throughput screening a Perkin-Elmer robot is used. In downstream processing several FPLC-Systems, one technical scaled Cross Flow Filtration System and one High Gradient Magnetic Separator.