Organization: Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr. techn. H.J. Bart
Liquid extraction is a unit operation to recover or separate substances with a close boiling point, which are temperature sensitive or ionic species, The later can be recovered via complex formation in reactive extraction. 25% of the primary copper production is based on this technology. A wide potential is with API, nutraceutical or intermediates production in chemical, pharmaceutical or food industry.
The purpose of this course, which is aimed at PhD students or young professionals, is to exemplify key extraction techniques (column design, phase separation) getting a fundamental understanding on economically effective process steps.
- Principles of extraction processes
- Extraction hydrodynamics
- Reactive extraction and related techniques
- Population balances for column design
- Lab experiments - extraction column
- Lab experiments - extraction phase separation
- Computer exercise - extraction
Venue: TU Kaiserslautern/Lehrstuhl für Thermische Verfahrenstechnik, Building 44, 67653 Kaiserslautern
- Prof. Dr. techn. Hans-Jörg Bart
- Dr.-Ing. Mark Hlawitschka
In cooperation with DECHEMA e.V.