The Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering has signed an ERASMUS agreement with 40 partner universities within 17 countries. Please note that a stay abroad through this program is only possible at one of these participating universities.
For general program information please refer to the website of our Department of International Affairs: ISGS. They will also provide you with everything you need after your arrival and regarding accomodation.
For application deadlines and semester dates please refer to this page.
An overview of our current partner universities can be found here.
On our website we will inform you about lectures, exams and documents:
You may have heard about “official registration dates”. Those dates are not mandatory for you as Erasmus students.
When and how do I register for my exams?
- Deadline for each exam: latest one week before the exam date
- You can register by filling out a registration form called “Examination Registration” which you submit personally during the opening hours at the examination office or by dropping the registration form into the letterbox on the same floor (Building 47, 3rd floor, Room 310).
Please note: The system of QIS is not available for you
Until which date and how can I cancel my registration for an exam?
- Deadline for each exam: latest one day before the exam date
- You can cancel personally during the opening hours at the examination office by filling out a cancellation form (= Prüfungsabmeldung) or by dropping the cancellation form into the letterbox on the same floor
- Template here:
3) How do I report in case of sickness?
- You must see the doctor latest on the day of the exam
- A medical certificate has to be submitted to the examination office within two weeks after the exam date
- The medical certificate must attest the inability to take the exam (=Prüfungsunfähigkeit)
- Template here:
This is an Overview of Student projects at the faculty of Mechanical and Process Enginneering (MV).
Where do I find student projects (e.g. Bachelor thesis, Master thesis, Diploma thesis, project thesis)?
There is a blackboard in building 49 on the 5th floor.
We offer different kinds of student thesis: Literature studies, design, experimental and theoretical work (FE-modelling and simulation). You can find our current proposals below and on the pin boards in building 44. Further topics are possible in consultation with our research assistants.
Open tasks can be found at the bulletin board in building 42 and 57.
You can find details on our blackboard in building 42, in front of room no. 160
Blackboard in building 58 on the right hand side of the foyer
Blackboard in building 42 in front of room no. 375
On the pin board of the chair in building 44
Blackboard at the chair in building 44, 5th floor
Please be aware that you do NOT automatically receive your transcript of records at the end of your stay.
To get it, please contact the exam's office well in advance of your stay (Building 47, Room 310). You can also contact them via Email studienbuero_mv(at)verw.uni-kl.de and for your home university it is recommended to take it in "english language" instead of german, please let them know.
If there are still some grades missing due to corrections that have to be done from the professors/chairs, you can also contact the exam's office when you are back home.