It is hard to imagine our world today without modern technical systems and – by implication - without qualified engineers.
Mechanical engineering is one of the traditional engineering sciences that have sustainably impacted all areas of life. Mechanical engineers design the machines, equipment, devices, and complete plants that are used in all fields of technology. The requirements for engineers have been continuously increasing in recent years because of the complexity of the systems. Increasingly, engineers apply interdisciplinary thinking, operating more and more in new subject areas, and constantly expanding their knowledge.
To meet the demands of the equipment and plant construction sector, which is still the core of the capital goods manufacturing industry, the Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering offers many different degree programs. These include:
- The German Diplom program covers all major subject areas in depth in a comprehensive approach
- The Bachelor's Degree programs provide an adequate clear focus of the important areas, but do not convey any pronounced, specialist knowledge
- Master's Degree programs are designed to expand the skills and knowledge gained in the bachelor programs and provide specialist knowledge
Besides single-discipline degree programs in mechanical engineering and process design, the department cooperates with other departments at the TU in a series of interdisciplinary courses of study.
Enrollment is also possible in one of the three German-French double degree programs.
The many professional contacts maintained by our professors with top universities abroad further provide great opportunities to complete a portion of your studies in a foreign country.
Your enrollment in the Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering at TU Kaiserslautern will expose you to various areas of application and give you excellent career perspectives.
Why study in Kaiserslautern? - The short and sweet answer...
- Diplom or Bachelor/Master programs
- Broad selection of study programs
- Low student-teacher ratios in all subjects
- Individual counseling in all study matters
- Current focus subjects related to the needs of industry
- Courses, projects, and dissertations in theory and practice
- Many international contacts
- Attractive university campus in an intact environment
- Close proximity to the city with excellent public transportation connections
- Reasonably priced accommodations and low cost of living
- Great selection of sport, leisure, and cultural activities
- Peaceful old town district with cozy student pubs