Welcome at Working Group Materials Testing
- Student research projects (follow this Link for more information)
- Luisa Böhme achieves 2nd place at the 12th conference "Gefüge und Bruch" (Bochum, Germany, February 14-15, 2019) with her poster "Mechanische Eigenschaften mikrostrukturierter Ti-Miniaturproben unter zyklischer Belastung" within the collaborative research center 926.
- AWP is hosting Adriana Eres-Castellanos, who has been awarded a DAAD grant for a research stay between February and April 2019. Adriana Eres-Castellanos is research associate at the Department of Physical Metallurgy at the spanish National Centre for Metallurgical Research (CENIM-CSIC) in Madrid. She is working on the European Project Towards Industrial Applicability of medium C Nanostructured Bainitic Steels (TIANOBAIN), Ref: RFCS-CT-2015-709607, with the aim of studying the viability of the thermo-mechanical treatment called ausforming to obtain such structures. She has joined the group AWP to study the effect of the deformation on the anisotropy in terms of crystallography.
Publications in September 2018:
- Publications in February 2018:
D. Spriestersbach, E. Kerscher:
The role of local plasticity during very high cycle fatigue crack initiation in high-strength steels
In: International Journal of Fatigue, Vol. 111, p. 93-100 (2018)
- Publications in January 2018:
D. Grell, F. Dabrock, E. Kerscher:
Cyclic cryogenic pre-treatments influencing the mechanical properties of a bulk glassy Zr-based alloy
In: Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures (2018)
L. Böhme, L. Morales-Rivas, S. Diederichs, E. Kerscher:
Crystal c-axis mapping of hcp metals by conventional reflected Polarized Light Microscopy: Application to untextured and textured cp-Titanium.
In: Materials Characterization 145 (2018) 573-581. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matchar.2018.09.024
L. Morales-Rivas, S. Diederichs, L. Böhme, E. Gordo, A. Hebestreit, E. Kerscher:
Method for the detection of grain boundaries in alpha Ti-based alloysby means of polarized light microscopy and image processing in MATLAB.
In: Practical Metallography, 55 (2018) 10, 678-692.
Working Group Materials Testing
Visitors: Building 49, Room 316
Lab: Building 44, Room 207
Phone: +49 (0)631 205 3571